Click here to download and read Gender factors in risk factors for offending by David Farrington and Kate Painter (2004).
Answer the following questions:
- How did the researchers choose their sample?
- What differences between brothers and sisters did they find in types and numbers of crime convictions?
- What were the most important family risk factors?
- How did the risk factors differ between brothers and sisters?
- What suggestions did the researchers make for using this information to prevent crime?
- How can you relate these findings to sociological theories of gender differences in crimes committed?