Read the statements below and decide which type of feminism each one best applies to.
Suggest one positive and one negative evaluation of each type of feminism.
This type of feminism…..
- emphasises the variation in women’s situation and experience
- exposes the exploitation within family life
- shows the importance of structural factors in determining women’s position
- recognises the importance of both structural and ideological factors
- has helped to improve the position of women at work and in law
- largely ignores the increased economic independence of women
- fails to address the underlying causes of gender inequality
- fails to understand the way in which capitalism and patriarchy may sometimes work against each other
- ignores the fact that women may choose to live with men
- focuses too much on differences between women and too little on the experiences all women face